Servermanager and oobe dont work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I know some people encountered with this problem before i ve read all topics about it in forum and tried all things. i jst couldnt get these two work.im getting this code below when i try to open oobe or server manager. is there any service pack or something for this problem? i tried all tips in forum :S
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: mmc.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6002.18005
    Problem Signature 03: 49e01c0a
    Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager
    Problem Signature 05: 6.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 49e037dd
    Problem Signature 07: 1f31
    Problem Signature 08: 0
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please perform the following suggestions:

1. Please run the following command to check system files:

sfc  /scannow

2. Run chkdsk

3. Use the System Update Readiness Tool to check and fix CBS related errors.

947821  Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947821

If the problem continues, please collect the following information:

1. cbs.log

2. System event log

3. When did this problem begin to occur? Did it coincide with any special events, such as the installation of some software or update?

4. Did the system ever work before?

Best regards,

Vincent Hu

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:16 PM
  • hi

i performed these programs and also downloaded System update readiness tool but it still doesnt work.i installed new windows server 2008 ent. 3 times. at first it works fine but after it updates and restart this problem starts

3096: 2009-06-12 20:14:37.279 [ExceptionHandler] Error (Id=0) An unexpected exception was found:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.OobOptionalComponents.OobOptionalComponentProvider.DiscoveryHintOobOptionalComponent.IsDiscovered(String computerName)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Common.Provider.EvaluateDiscoveryHint(DiscoveryInformation discoveryInfo, String computerName)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Common.Provider.DiscoverAndCreate(XElement hostElement, XDocument parent, DiscoveryInformation discoveryInformation)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Common.Provider.DiscoverGuest(Object clientContext, XmlSchemaElement guestSchema, XElement hostElement)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Common.Provider.CreateGuestDocuments(Object clientContext, XmlSchemaElement guestSchema, XElement hostElement)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Transformation.Imperative.DiscoveryEngine.DiscoverGuests(XElement hostElement, XmlSchemaElement hostSchema, XmlSchemaElement guestSchema)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Transformation.Imperative.DiscoveryEngine.DiscoverGuests(XDocument hostDocument)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Transformation.Imperative.DiscoveryEngine.DiscoverGuests(XDocument hostDocument)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Transformation.Imperative.DiscoveryEngine.DiscoverTree(XDocument hostDocument)
       at Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Transformation.Imperative.DiscoveryEngine.Discover(XDocument rootDocument)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Utilities.ImperativeTransformationEngine.Discover(ClientContext clientContext, ClassValue rootInstance)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ServerManagerModel.PopulateSessionData(Boolean alreadyRefreshProviderDiscovery)
       at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ServerManagerModel.InternalRefreshModelResult(Object state)

Thanks
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:15 PM
  • Hi,

You mentioned "i installed new windows server 2008 ent. 3 times". Did you mean you reinstall the system for 3 times?

If so, I suspect there may be some problem with the installation disk (Based on my research, the only thing that would cause this problem would be a modified disk image or some sort of Windows activation crack somehow applied after Windows Server was installed). You can download the image from Microsoft's website or request it from your computer vendor, and then use the new installation disk to install the OS and check whether the same issue occur.

I also suspect there are some issue with your hard disk. If possible, please test the same installation disk on another computer to test whether the same issue continues.

Best regards,

Vincent Hu

Monday, June 15, 2009 9:35 AM