After applying the latest Rollup 1 for UAG SP1 Update 1 released on Jan 12, 2012 I noticed that the DNS64 is unhealthy under the Direct Access Monitor/Current status as per attached.

I did a reboot to the UAG/Direct Access server (although it’s not required by the fix) however the DNS64 component still showed unhealthy. I disabled/enabled direct access as follows:
1.     Disabled Direct Access
2.     Saved/Activated the configuration
3.     Enabled Direct Access
4.     GPupdate /force on the UAG Server
5.     Applied the policy
6.     Activated the configuration
After that it all worked fine. I am not sure about the reason (Will try to check with Microsoft Team) however that workaround fixed my problem.

For more details on different UAG and Direct Access topics, please check my blog